Cultivate Curb Appeal With These 5 Tips
Curb appeal – /kərb əˈpēl/
The attractiveness from a house from the street; the difference between “eew” and “ooh!”
See also: first impressions, projects with high return on investment, easy transformations
If your house is lacking in the “ooh!” department, this list is an easy way to help you up the ante and create a first impression that lasts. Tackle one project for a minor makeover or take them all on for a complete transformation.
- Opt for a new front door. An eye-catching front door can be just what a lackluster facade needs to make it look bright and new. Spice it up with a cheery color or go a more traditional route; whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong with a shiny (or matte!) new door.
- Replace your walkway. Whether you make a statement with rectangular pavers, opt for a more natural vibe with a gravel path, or just replace cracked concrete with a fresh pad, a new walkway draws the eye up to the main attraction – your home!
- Install a coach light or two. If your idea of exterior lighting is an old, dim ceiling light filled with 50 dead bugs, you might be the perfect candidate for a new light fixture. Seek out a fixture that suits your preferences and that will mesh well with the style of your exterior. Your guests and neighbors will thank you.
- Paint. When most people think of updating the exterior of their home, they think paint – for good reason! Whether you’re painting your front door, your trim, or the entire exterior, a new coat of paint is a surefire way to attract attention and make your home look fresh.
- If all else fails… clean! Sometimes, all you need is some good old-fashioned elbow grease. Hire a professional to pressure wash brick or siding, break out the squeegee to give dingy windows new life, and breath some new life into your home.
So whether you’re looking to add a little spice to your home with a smaller remodel or are ready to embark on a full-fledged exterior renovation expedition, give us a ring. We’re happy to help consult, design, and execute whatever your heart and home desires!